- This event has passed.
Encounters in Bioethics – Prenatal Genetic Screening: New advances, new ethical challenges
November 27, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Join the Lakehead University Centre for Health Care Ethics for a presentation and discussion session on Prenatal Genetic Screening: New advances, new ethical challenges.
- What is the new, non-invasive prenatal screening?
- How to assist pregnant women to make informed choices about this screening and subsequent testing?
- How can we deal with ethical and social aspects of this program currently being adopted by provincial governments?
Paola Diadori, MSc, MD, FRCPC, MA, Associate Clinical Professor, Pediatric Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sainte-Justine, University of Montreal
– Eileen Abbey, BSc(H), RM, Chief of Midwifery, Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
– Cassandra Berard
– Jennifer Lawson, HBK, MSc, MD, CCFP-EM, Family Physician, Norwest Community Health Centres
Date/Time: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Venue: St. Joseph’s Heritage (Georgian Room), 63 Carrie Street, Thunder Bay
Everyone is welcome. Free admission. Free parking.
This session will also be offered in a one-hour format on Thursday, November 28, 2019, from 12 – 1 pm. at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre, Regional Cancer Care room 2178. This is an abbreviated session; not all panelists participate. Everyone is welcome.